- LITERARY CLUB
Language Cultural and brand skill development centre
"Beyond our ability"
The Literary Club has been founded to promote languages and literature. From time to time, the Club organizes a rich and diverse array of literary activities such as debates, declamations, group discussions, poetry writing and recitation, short story writing, quiz contests, interactive/lecture sessions, etc. Through these activities, literary coordinators (student and teacher) reach out to language and literature lovers and try to create a space for sharing emotions and thoughts
The Club has been instrumental in building a community of creative, imaginative and thoughtful human beings. It has created deep awareness about several issues of local and global importance. It basically sensitizes students to react constructively to disparity and injustice in modern society, inculcate socially desirable values such as empathy and cooperation. At the individual level, the students have been greatly benefitted by their performance/participation in the events. They have also acquired some highly valued skills in professional field, such as effective communication, leadership skills, interpersonal communication skills.
Further, the Club brings out a wall magazine to provide space for the students’ creativity to flower. Various literary pieces and artworks are showcased on it, sharing it with the like-hearted and encouraging others to participate.
Literary club also offers opportunities to participate at National level fests.
- Students' appreciation for literature should be shaped through a variety of perspectives.
- To foster students' abilities in creative writing and expression.
- To expose them to literature in a variety of languages.
- To improve their thinking and speaking skills through group discussions and interactive sessions.
- To cultivate a research bent of mind.
- Models and exhibits must be prepared.
- To plan activities and programmes based on the themes of prospective subjects.
- To make the subject's updates available.
- To conduct field research / visits.
- To be known as the Resources Centre.
The club's goal is to instil a love of language in students and to help them improve their literary skills.
To improve students' linguistic and writing abilities.
To examine the subtle nuances of various aspects of literature.
"Aware! Alert!! Act!!!
|S. No||Name of the Member||Department||Designation||Role|
|S. No||Name of the Student||Class/Year||Department||Role|
|1||Aasia A||II/B.Sc (CS)||Department of Computer Science||Member|
|2||Kiruba D||II/B.Com (CA)||Department of Commerce with Computer Application||Member|
|3||Harini K||II/B.Sc Chemistry||Department of Chemistry||Member|
Mashya's 2022 intra collegiate competition held on 22.03.2022