- UNDER GRADUATION
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION OF UNDER GRADUATION COURSES
- Candidate with a pass in the Higher Secondary Examination (+2) conducted by the Government of Tamilnadu or its equivalent as fixed by the University of Madras are eligible to join the degree courses.
- Minimum age 17 as on July and upper age limit is 21 year (5 years relaxed for SC/ST and Women Students). Candidates who have passed the Examination other than Higher Secondary Examination of Tamilnadu state should produce the Provisonal eligibility certificate obtained from the University of Madras before the admission.
- Director of Collegiate Education and University of Madras admission eligibility rules should be followed for choosing of candidates.
- Admission will be made through the College Committee for admission based on the Government of reservation policies, rules and regulations. Spot admission will be made for vacancy seats in first come first served basis.
- Mode of Admission: Candidate when called for Interview must produce the following original certificates.
- H.S.C Mark Statements
- Transfer Certificate
- Community certificate from a competent authority in case of BC/MBC/DCN/SC/ST only
- Students from other state should produce the following certificate
- Provisional Eligibility obtained from University of Madras (before Admission)
- Recognization Certificate from University of Madras (before Admission)
- Aadhar Card & Address Proof
- Bank Account detail for SC/ST only. To remit the scholarship.
- All relevant document should be submitted at the time of admission
- The Certificate will be retained in the college office and will not be returned under any circumstance till the student leaves the institution. Therefore the students are advised to take sufficient photo copies of all the certificate before submitting the originals to the college.
- Admission will be confirmed only after the interview and completepayment of admission and tuition fee.
- Selected candidates should pay the fees immediately after the interview. Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Admission of the students to any course will be provisional and will be subject to the approval of the University of Madras. Students must satisfy themselves that they are eligible for admission. After admission if they are found not eligible the college cannot be held responsible for it. They will lose their seats and also the fees paid.
|Course Code||Name of the Course||Timing||Eligibility criteria|
|001||B.Sc., Computer Science.,||9.00 a.m to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr Sec Examination with Computer Science (or) Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry|
|002||B.Sc., Chemistry||9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr. Sec. Examination with Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics|
|003||B.Sc., Biochemistry||9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr. Sec. Examination with Chemistry / Physics / Biology / Zoology / Botany|
|004||B.C.A||9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr. Sec. Examination with Mathematics(or) Computer Science / Chemistry / Physics|
|005||B.Com (General)||9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr. Sec. Examination with Commerce / Accountancy / Economics (or) Business Mathematics|
|006||B.Com (Computer Application)||9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr. Sec. Examination with Commerce / Accountancy / Computer Science|
|007||B.B.A||9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.||Passed in Hr. Sec. Examination with Commerce / Accountancy / Economics (or) Business Mathematics|
Intra University Transfer(Within University)
The subjects and languages offered in both the colleges shall be one and the same.
Intra University transfer be normally permitted between colleges in the same system of education only (i.e) Autonomous to Autonomous, Non-autonomous to Non-autonomous, Semester to Semester and Non-Semester to Non-Semester Systems.
In exceptional cases, transfer from Autonomous to Non Autonomous or from Semester to NonSemester System of Colleges (or Vice-Versa) be permitted to depending on the merit of the case,provided that the candidate be required to have passed all the examinations under the previous system inorder to be eligible for such transfer. For example, a candidate who has studied I year and II year in an Autonomous Colleges may in exceptional circumstances be considered for transfer to Third year in a Non-autonomous college, provided that he/she has passed all the subjects in the I and II years from the autonomous college at the time of his/her application for transfer. Such candidates will not be eligible for classification and ranking for qualifying for the UG/PG Degree.
Inter University Transfer (UG Degree Course from other university)
Candidates who have undergone I or II year of the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. or any other Degree Courses, as the case may be, in other University and seek admission in this University be permitted to be admitted to the corresponding branch of the II and III year of study of the concerned degree course provided however :
A) They should have passed all the examinations prescribed by the parent University for the duration of the course of study put in and shall produce documentary evidence to the effect along with the application for admission.
B) The examination conducted by an affiliated college as authenticated by the parent University recognised by the University may be considered as adequate.
C) They shall undergo the remaining courses of study and pass the examination prescribed there- for in this University.
D) They are not eligible for Classification or ranking in this University on qualifying for the UG Degree.
E) They shall be eligible for classification, only if they opt to appear and accordingly pass all the examinations of I, II and III years of this University.
Inter University Transfer (PG Degree Course from other university)
Candidates who have undergone first year M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. Course as the case may be in other Universities and seek admission in this University be permitted to be admitted to the corresponding branch of second year of study of the concerned degree course provided.
1) The candidate shall have passed all examinations prescribed by the parent University for the duration of the course of study already put in provided that the course of study and the respective University shall have been recognised by the Madras University. Those who have arrear papers are not eligible to apply for transfer.
2) They shall undergo the remaining course of study and pass the examination prescribed therefor in this University they shall be required to appear and pass such papers of the first year of this University which were not covered in their first year course and they may also be exempted in such papers of the second year which were already passed by them in their first years.
3) They shall not be eligible for classification or ranking in this University