- WOMEN GRIEVANCES CELL
WOMEN GRIEVANCES CELL
WOMEN GRIEVANCES CELL
As per the UGC and University of Madras Direction “Women Grievance Redressal Committee was established in the year 2018 to provide and promote a health environment to ATASC Staff and students in accordance to section section 29 of the Sexual Harassment of women at Workplace (prevention, Prohibition and Redressal ) Act, 2013.
Who can approach WGRC for help? Any ATASC female employee (faculty or staff) or student Definition of Sexual Harassment: "Sexual harassment" includes such unwelcome sexually determined behavior, whether directly or otherwise, as:
- physical contact and advances
- demand or request for sexual favours
- sexually coloured remarks
- showing any pornography, or
- any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
What are the possible actions that can be taken against the respondent?
- Written apology
- Bond of good behaviour
- Adverse remark in the Confidential Report
- Stopping of increments/promotion
- Any other relevant mechanism
If you are harassed, what should you do?
Inform to immediate supervisor or any other person in authority if the complaint is against the Convener or WGRC-Committee Members.
- The victim can meet in person or call or file a complaint (hand-written, typed and signed, email) to the WGRC.
- The victim can reach us at
- The victim also contacts the chairperson or any other members directly.
- Rest assured that your complaint will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.
Inquiry into complaint:
- Based on the complaint inter of Memo or Suspension will be issued to the respondent, immediate enquiry committee have been constituted.
- The inquiry shall be complete within a period of ninety days from the date of the complaint.
- On completion of the inquiry, the Internal Committee shall provide a report of its findings to the employer within a period of ten days from the date of completion of the inquiry and such report be made available to the concerned parties.
- If the allegation against the respondent has been proved, it shall recommend disciplinary actions to be taken against the respondent to the employer.
- The employer shall act upon the recommendation within sixty days of its receipt by him.